Marlborough Plaza Fountain

This fountain, originally called the “Boy and a Fish” fountain, was purchased in 1923 by J. C. Nichols and was located on the Country Club Plaza until 1968 when it was moved to its present location at 79th and The Paseo to accommodate the Seville Light Fountain. The original sculpture of “Boy and a Fish” is no longer here, but the ornate fountain basins remain intact.

In 2012, the Marlborough Community Coalition partnered with the KCMO Parks Department to conserve the fountain and renovate the site. It was subsequently renamed the Marlborough Plaza Fountain.

LOCATION

The Paseo and E 79th Street, Kansas City, MO

DESIGNER/ARTIST

DATES

Purchased 1923, Relocated to current location in 1968, Conserved 2012

OWNER

KCMO Parks & Recreation Department

The City of Fountains Foundation holds an endowment for this fountain.

Help keep this fountain running.