Loose Park Lake Fountain

In 1927, Ella Loose, wife of the late Jacob Loose, donated the land that is now Loose Park to the city to create a park in honor of her husband. On that land, was a small lake. In 1964, the lake was beautified in the style of a Japanese garden and a fountain was installed in the lake.

In 1993, after renovating and sealing the lake, the fountain was donated to the Kansas City Parks and Recreation Department by the Air-O-Lator Corporation and the Cramer family in memory of Roy A. Cramer, Jr. founder of the Air-O-Lator Corporation. Air-O-Lator also extended perpetual repair of the fountain at no charge.

LOCATION

Jacob L. Loose Park, W 51st Street and Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO

DESIGNER/ARTIST

DATES

1964

OWNER

KCMO Parks and Recreation Department

The City of Fountains Foundation holds an endowment for this fountain.

Help keep this fountain running.