Joe D. Dennis Park Fountain
In 1973, Westwood Park, as it was then known, underwent renovations for improvements to the park. This fountain was designed and constructed as part of these improvements. It features a large, round stone basin. There is a fountain ring in the middle and in the middle of the ring are a set of jets that shoots water higher to create a two-tiered effect. In 2002, the park was rededicated as Joe D. Dennis Park. It was named after Joe D. Dennis, a former mayor of Westwood.
Each side of the obelisk is marked with a metal star, except the west face which has the War Mothers’ emblem and the the years 1917 and 1918 inscribed. The south face has a blue star that is dedicated to those who served, the east face has a gold star symbolizing those who died in the war and the north face has a white star for those who were wounded. Each of the starred sides also has a military saber inscribed on the face underneath the star. On each side of the obelisk at the top is an eagle carved into the stone.